March 23, 2012

Fire alarm day / Casey is one week old!

On Thursday evening (yesterday) the fire alarm to evacuate the apartment building went off.  Right in the middle of nursing!  We knew it was probably a false alarm, as this is the 3rd time this has happened since we moved here.

So I took the baby (who was already on me) and my mom turned off everything she was cooking on the stove.  I grabbed a blanket and told my Dad to wake Michael up.  And off we went, starting down the 10 flights of stairs. 

By the way, this is exactly one week after my c-section, so I started slow.  Down down down we went, people were passing us, one woman offered to help.  She could tell I was struggling.  At the 6th floor or so my legs started shaking and cramping, so I pulled to the side and started crying.  My dad and Michael caught up, Michael took the baby and I proceeded down.  We made it down to the main floor and I headed to the seats, asked if I could sit down.  Meanwhile, Casey was just fine!  I think she liked the bounciness of going down the stairs!  Eventually though she was ready to nurse, so back on Danielle she went.  It was a false alarm and a balmy evening, so we were happy and comfortable.

Clearly we need a to-go bag, maybe a baby carrier as that would probably be safer. 

What a first week birthday for little Casey!

No comments:

Post a Comment