If you do not want the details, skip this post. Since I was due on march 6th, the doctors said I should be induced on the 14th.
On wednesday we arrived at the hospital for the induction, which started at 5pm on March 14th. I was given cervadil which was supposed to help kick start. After a few hours I started contracting, which were really painful and frequent. Instead of keeping the cervadil in for 12 hours, they had to remove it after 7. I took something for the pain, which made me totally out of it. needless to say, it was a brutal night of almost no sleep. I woke up in the morning as if I had done 1000 crunches!
At 8 am on Thursday March 15th we started the pertocin, and I started having contractions. But after the brutal night I decided I needed an epidural, which happened around 10 or 11am. My doula arrived around 10am. After the epidural, I was able to get some sleep. Poor Michael, he stayed with my at the hospital all night helping me, and as soon as he leaves the room to get lunch (around 1pm probably), it turns out I went from 5cm to 10cm dilated (in just about an hour!). So it was time to start pushing. With the doctor, the delivery nurse, my doula, and Michael (and sometimes my mom) all helping, we made good progress. I think they even could see the head! but, after 2.5 hours, it was clear the baby was not coming out. she was sunny side up also which was not ideal. So I had a c-section. I will not put in the details here, but Michael was a champ and stayed with me the whole time. And as soon as he could, Michael did skin-to-skin with the yet to be named baby since I was unable. So the birth plan was out the window, except for the skin to skin.
When I finally got to see little Casey, it was just too much. So much love for my little girl, Michael and I are the luckiest parents ever.
Since I had a c-section, we stayed in the hospital for 4 additional nights. The nurses and doctors and staff were all fantastic as I needed all the help I could get while I recovered from delivering and the operation.
No comments:
Post a Comment